AGES 11-16 | GRADES 6-10
Overnight Camp for Boys
Boys Camp is the ultimate action-packed, overnight, summer camp adventure! During each session you can see boys sailing, kayaking, riding the dirt jump bike park, being launched off the BLOB, playing Frisbee Golf, sports, woodworking in crafts, or sneaking through the Muskoka forest while playing an epic wide game!
It is also a place where young men learn about God’s love for them and discuss what a relationship with Him could look like through small group discussion and mentoring relationships with staff.
To apply the Early Bird Discount, use the coupon code: JUMPINEARLY
Click Below for Skill Development Options:
- Canoeing ORCA Flatwater A – Tandem canoeing basics for beginners: parts of the paddle and canoe, launching and basic strokes.
- Canoeing ORCA Flatwater B – Intermediate theory and tandem paddling skills, including turns, circles and landings. Prerequisite: Flatwater A or equivalent canoeing experience.
- Canoeing ORCA Flatwater C – Refine advanced tandem paddling skills. Introduction to solo canoeing. Prerequisite: Flatwater B or equivalent canoeing experience.
- Canoeing ORCA Flatwater D – Application of canoeing skills from previous levels to solo canoeing. Prerequisite: Flatwater C or equivalent canoeing experience.
- Level 1 – Kayaking basics for beginners: entering and exiting the kayak and basic theory and strokes.
- Level 2 – Intermediate theory and paddling skills, including turns, pivots, draws, intro to hip flicks and bow rolls. Prerequisite: Kayaking Level 1 or equivalent kayaking experience.
- Level 3 – More advanced theory and paddling skills. Bow rolls and advanced rescues. Prerequisite: Kayaking Level 2 or equivalent kayaking experience.
- Level 4 – For very advanced kayakers. Eskimo rolls, hand rolls and more precise paddling. Prerequisite: Kayaking Level 3 or equivalent kayaking experience.
- Kayaking Day Trips – Campers who enroll in Kayaking Level 3 or Kayaking Level 4 will have the option to go on a white-water kayaking day trip to The Gull or Palmer Rapids (depending on water levels). On opening day parents will have an opportunity at the activities desk to give permission for the trip. Interested campers will be assessed for appropriate skill level by the staff leading the trip. Those who choose not to participate or who do not have the necessary skill level will remain at camp and participate in a regular day of activities. Additional costs apply.
- Level 1 – Perfect for beginners who have never been mountain biking on off-road trails. Learn the basic skills necessary to ride safely on trails that have lots of logs, rocks, roots and mud puddles. Your time will be spent riding as much as possible.
- Level 2 – Must have some prior experience mountain biking off-road (not paved) trails. Riders will be trained in skills used to ride over any obstacles seen on a typical cross-country trail, such as logs, rocks, roots, through puddles and extreme up-hills.
- Level 3 – Riders who have a strong background in trail riding will use drills used by professional mountain bikers to take their riding to the next level. Maintenance of the bicycle will also be introduced; riders will learn the basic repairs needed to fix problems often encountered on the trail.
- Level 4 – Intense program for Voyageur and Ranger campers who have earned their level 3. Riders will work on skill sets from cross-country, downhill, and/or trials backgrounds, as well as coaching skills including problem detection and correction.
- Westshore Dirt Jump Bike Park – More advanced riders will have the opportunity to test their skills at our bike park complete with dirt jumps, skinnies, table jumps, and more.
- Mountain Biking Day Trip (only in 2 week sessions) – Campers who enroll in Mountain Biking Level 3 will have the option to go on a biking day trip. Interested campers will be assessed for appropriate skill level by the staff leading the trip. Those who choose not to participate or who do not have the necessary skill level will remain at camp and participate in a regular day of activities. Additional costs apply. Indicate interest to Activity Coordinators on opening day.
- Level 1 – Perfect for beginners who have never sailed. Covers parts of the boat, turning, capsizing, etc. Sail with other campers and an instructor in the boat.
- Level 2 – Must have some prior experience or have completed Level 1. Introduction to solo sailing and more advanced theory.
- Level 3 – Intense program for those who have passed Level 2 or have intermediate/advanced experience. Lots of solo sailing, theory, and sailing a pre-planned course.
- Basketball – Fundamental skills, with a focus on offensive and defensive team play. Equal time will be spent on skill development and real game play situations.
- Volleyball – Intro to beach volleyball, teaching the skills of passing, setting, and serving through drills and game play.
- Sports Combo – A variety of sports are played in this recreational class including: soccer, baseball, Ultimate Frisbee, and beach volleyball, among others.
- International Sports Combo – This class will feature a variety of International Sports, giving campers a chance to play some sports played around the world. Sports such as cricket, rugby, Inuit Games, and more will be played.
- Swimmer 1 – Designed for the beginner swimmer. (completed AQ 1 or continuing YMCA L’il Dippers: Floaters/Learn to Swim 1: Otter)
- Swimmer 2 – Camper can jump into water with and without PFD, open eyes and exhale underwater, get objects off bottom, float and move through the water on front and back. (completed AQ 2 or YMCA L’il Dippers: Divers/Learn to Swim 2: Seal)
- Swimmer 3 – Camper can jump into deeper water, fall sideways into water with PFD, support self at surface without an aid, do whip kick, swim 10-15m on front and back. (completed AQ 3/4 or YMCA Learn to Swim 4: Swimmer)
- Swimmer 4 (2 weeks) – Camper does cannonballs, dives and rolls into deep water, swims underwater, swims front and back crawl, and can do endurance swims of 25-30m. (completed AQ 5/6 or YMCA Star 1)
- Swimmer 5 (2 weeks) – Camper can do dives and stride entries, eggbeater kick 1 min, foot-first surface dives, front and back crawl, whip kick,breaststroke arms with breathing, endurance swims of 100-200m. (completed AQ 7 or YMCA Star 2)
- Swimmer 6 (2 weeks) – Camper can do shallow dives, eggbeater kick 2 min, foot-first sculling, surface dives with underwater swim 5m, front and back crawl and breaststroke over 100m, sprint 25m, head up front crawl or breaststroke 25m, endurance swims of 200-300m. (completed AQ 8 or YMCA Star 3)
- Swim Patrol Rookie (2 weeks) – Camper can do compact jumps, eggbeater kick for 1 min, somersault in water, head-up front crawl or breaststroke over 25m, 100m front crawl, back crawl and breaststroke, endurance swims of 200-350m, swim 100m in 3 min. (completed AQ 9 or YMCA Star 4)
- Swim Patrol Ranger (2 weeks) – Camper has completed Swim Patrol – Rookie. (completed AQ 10 or YMCA Star 5)
- Swim Patrol Star (2 weeks) – Camper has successfully completed Swim Patrol – Ranger (completed AQ 11 or YMCA Star 6)
- Bronze Star (2 weeks) – Camper has successfully completed Swim Patrol – Star. (completed AQ 12 or YMCA Master Swimmer)
- Bronze Medallion and Emergency First Aid/CPR B (double period, 2 weeks) – Swimming and basic rescue skills, spinal roll-overs, CPR, 500m timed swim. Exam at end of session requires a small additional fee. Prerequisite: Bronze Star OR 13 years old
- Bronze Cross (double period, 2 weeks) – Prerequisite for life-guarding certification. Includes swim/rescue skills, spinal roll-overs, rescue breathing, CPR, 600m timed swim. Exam at end of session requires a small additional fee. Prerequisite: Bronze Medallion & Emergency First Aid
- Beginner A – Windsurfing basics for beginners: parts of the sail and board, rigging and introductory windsurfing skills.
- Beginner B – Opportunity to spend more time on the water practicing basic windsurfing skills such as tacks and jibes. Prerequisite: Windsurfing Beginner A.
- Advanced – Learn how to work the wind in your favour! Advanced jibes, power tacks, high wind rescue, and more detailed theory. Prerequisite: Windsurfing Beginner B.